Monday, March 22, 2010

Repurposing....

Someone asked me what I do. I thought about it and replied, " I'm a retired Mommy being repurposed as a Nana..."

I think I got the idea at this exhibit at the Conservatory of Flowers in Golden Gate Park.

These are the famous Victorian Houses in San Francisco nick named "The Painted Ladies"

See Lombard Street?


This is the Mission Delores, one of the first missions in California and in the City itself,




This is the Gate to Chinatown in San Francisco.
All made out of recycled material.
Why? To heighten awareness of the use of old material. To repurpose it.
Especially in a way to make it appealing to children, and Mommies, and Nana's. I can vouch for that!

7 comments:

Rebecca said...

What a great place to visit! Love the winding road :-)

My Realitty said...

Can you see the Cheerios box the second house is made from? There are mah jong tiles on the gate too. Just like dollhouse people using anything at hand! C

Thevisionarybutterfly said...

OMG- that is awesome. I would love to go there, the Mission Delores has a great structure.

p.s. I'm having a giveaway on my blog, you should check it out :)

My Realitty said...

Will do. Thanks CM

Tallulah Belle said...

Wonderful, thanks for posting this.

Is it a permanent set up. I plan on Being in SF later this year and I'd love to go see it.

My Realitty said...

No but they do it annually.It runs from Nov.19th, 2009 through April 18th, 2010. Come say hi if you are in town,CM

Tallulah Belle said...

Oh bugger....if I make it it will be march or Oct :-(

I will def come say hi though when I do get there :-)