Wednesday, February 17, 2010

The blank wall

I have often wondered what it must be like to be a designer and then see your creations out in reality.

I had to laugh when Wes Christensen gently let me know I did not have the chimney aligned with the fireplace. Or the stairs in the right spot of the MH1. Doh! I hadn't noticed. So I fixed them.

Does Doris know I carried her red sofa back and forth from my daughter's house to mine so many times over the holidays I rumpled a corner?

I hope they are not shocked. I play hard with these. There is an interplay between form and function. And I mean this literally...

This is why I don't really enjoy playing with the Imagination House. The colors overwhelm everything in it.
But I took Pubdoll's advice and decided to do something totally different with it.
I looked at the post Rebecca had on her blog about it and the version of the Imagination House on the Apartment Therapy blog and came up with the following.

Colette was under the weather. She had a head cold, body ache etc.







She went to the mailbox and found a present. A natural colored afghan made by a friend of hers. It made her day.







She felt instantly better.
She laid on her couch and rested her head.


Then the glaring bare spot over the tv began to bother her.


She looked over at the rest of the mail. There was an invitation to a gallery opening tomorrow. Maybe she would go and see what she could find.

8 comments:

Rebecca said...

So you don't have to find tiny kitchen furniture to fit under the stairs :-) But Colette does have to go outside in order to go up or downstairs - could be a problem with a cold :-(

My Realitty said...

I just left it there by mistake while setting up. I should expect miniturists to see the smallest detail... :)

Petra said...

what is an afghan?
is it the same as a throw? or something different.
can I say blanket to both?
very challenging english you use!
nice I can learn so many dialects.

My Realitty said...

Sorry, yes for some reason that is what we call a knitted blanket. Which Colette loves. I was sick the day your package arrived and it made me so happy. C

Pubdoll said...

Ha, ha, now I'm not so sad I haven't bought the MH1, I think I would have made Wes Christensen very frustrated :-)

My Realitty said...

OMG I want to do a trailer trash version! Wall to wall beer cans, 25cats, oh dear...

Pan said...

Interesting house. I haven't seen these before.

My Realitty said...

It is the Modern House 1 (MH1) by Wes Designs. You can see more of his work on Flickr under "Wesquatch". He makes the best houses and the prices are the best by far too. CM