Wednesday, December 1, 2010

So cool she had to slip on her jacket...

Colette was known for her art collection but she wondered if the Marilyn Minter decal Christmas tree was too much.
Then she wondered if she put it high enough.
Credits: MH1 by Wes Christensen, minimodernists confetti chair and red couch, logs from nature, "I'll fly away" painting by Jo Searle, "Candelabra" mini sculpture by Linda Davy, silver ball lamp from the 1980's marked made in Taiwan, Buddah from Texas Tiny ebay store, Caco doll, wall switch from Delph Miniatures, England.

for Pubdoll:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marilyn_Minter
Be advised some of her work could be considered graphic. My elder Assistant thinks she is all about gender roles. She discovered her at SFMOMA when she was at Cal.

3 comments:

Norma Bennett said...

*sigh* being reponsible for getting all the decorating 'just right' is so great sometimes...

My Realitty said...

Ha ha! My daughter and I saw an add in town for "christmas roof light installation". We wanted to call and see if the price included taking down... $1.00 to go up... $500.00 to take down..
C

Pubdoll said...

Lovely tree, Colette really is becomming a patron(matron?) of the arts! I just wish I could get a better view of the artwork with a larger image :-)