Thursday, January 7, 2010

Ich liebe duse Mobel!

Dieses kostetein en arm und ein bein! Warum, alleine versenden ein vermogen ist!



I purchased this wonderful chaise and decided to restore it.

The legs are not reattached yet.




If you recognize this, please let me know the manufacturer.

























I loved the thick, celadon, woven material that covered this chaise. I can just imagine some sophisticated child saying, "this will update my old furniture" and I can see a parent helping her.
I could see the original material underneath. After debating what to do and because the green covering was unravelling I decided to remove it. I carefully pulled and tugged it off. Then I used rubbing alcohol to dissolve the remaining glue holding it to the couch. Somehow the adhesive under the originl covering was not affected. The original material seems to be silk and quite strong.

Because it is red, that is the main color I am choosing for the corresponding furniture I am collecting to go with it. My new passion is DDR furniture in the 60's 70's eras.
So I have discovered Babel Fish on google, I can translate fragments of language! Love it! By the way, what does "Caw!" mean. Caw translates from German to English as... "Caw!"
Oh, P.S. I'm missing. I mean my "Colette" doll who is my alter ego is missing. I will have to check with my 3 year old granddaughter. We found a phone in her dress up trunk the other day when it rang.

9 comments:

Petra said...

I love the red cover! a very nice chair, congrats.

My Realitty said...

Danke, ist dieses langsamer aber
befriedgender prozess.

I hope I'm saying: Thanks, this will be a slow but rewarding process!

Dana R. Farcas said...

ohh no
hope you'll find her
nice chair

More2view said...

Da sunt in speranta de ea se transforma in curand. Carol

Pubdoll said...

Oh, I hope Colette hasn't run away with a new man!

Dana R. Farcas said...

nice of you to talk to me in my language but I do not understand you :) (by the way, do you understand my English?)

My Realitty said...

I only speak english and a smattering of High School French. Your English is VERY goo. I was trying "Babal Fish" a program from google that translates.. I think it translates better than composes.
Yes Colette is still off somewhere...
Pubdoll... I'm sure she is having an adventure, I just hope it isn't with a young person who might not take as good car of her, might be reckless...

Rebecca said...

Hi Carol! Ah, yup, I *recognise* it - as I have one too, in my Eagle Toys hexagonal house! But I don't know the manufacturer, sorry. If I find out, I'll certainly let you know :-)

More2view said...

I KNEW I saw it somewhere! I searched the puppenhausmuseum for it and didn't find it. Your was in the back of my mind giving me the idea to strip off the green. It's German, I think. :) C