Monday, November 1, 2010

Happy November! Welcome to the Celluloids!

Step into the kitchen. Would you like a cuppa?
I think these are the smaller Strombecker stove and sink. 
I love this kitchen stove with the curved shelves attached. The sink is too cute and I wonder if the side board is hand made with a green formica top? I am on the lookout for a celluloid turkey! I don't know who made this table.
This is the maid doll. Her face is dirty but I don't want to wash it. What I love about her is some little girl carefully colored shoes on her feet with brown marker. It probably bothered her that she was barefoot. Notice the crisscrossed straps on the left ! I think the dirt around her eyes is the same brown marker. Probably "make up".
She also makes a mean martini. American Eagle plastic glasses, unknown maker of tray and shaker.

7 comments:

Shale said...

I can understand the little girl's concern. How sanitary is a barefoot dirty faced maid? I am sure the health laws of Celluloid town would have something to say about that. But I can overlook that for a good martini. Shaken, not stirred, please.

Susan

My Realitty said...

Let's take that martini out to the flagstone patio in your T. Cohen tin house. C

Kikka N said...

She has gorgeous dress!
And her feet remind me of something I might have done a long time ago for my doll: I painted the toes in her feet red...little too much nail polish! :)

My Realitty said...

Ha ha! That is up there with cutting your dolls hair. I used to love washing my dolls hair, it was mylon, and my mother said she could ALWAYS fins me at the bathroom sink. Now that doll is practically bald and ugly! C

Pubdoll said...

Love her outfit! And yes I would love one of those mean martinis as well! But not shaken, I'm still shaken enough myself after yesterday's events.

My Realitty said...

Ha ha! Love your lifestyle!!!! C

Pan said...

Love the kitchen furniture. The doll is very sweet and remarkably good condition. The little girl who gave the doll her shoes must have looked after her well.