Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Southwest 1950's


Well, it is our last week in the Hacienda House and then it is on to the Victorian Italienate representing the Gay Ninties in San Francisco.

This is the Hacienda House with Strombecker 1940 furniture and art by Rufino Tamayo.
Well, miniature copies of it.
Rufino Tamayo was a Mexican artist who painted in the 1950's. He was know for his combination of modernist style with traitonal Mexican themes.

Whose house is this? After Charlotta went to San Francisco for schooling, Carolena eventually joined her at her parents. She left the Hacienda to Abuela and her nieces and nephews.


Abluela loved the Hacienda and then passed it on to her family.
Wicker chairs are antique German Korbi.

4 comments:

The House of Lisa said...

I´ll come by for a tequila!

My Realitty said...

All right! Andale! :)C

Pan said...

Great room. I love the throws and the cacti. Can just imagine making myself comfy there.

My Realitty said...

Thanks Pan come on over! CM