Thursday, March 4, 2010

Thank you Florine!


picnikfile_W28HVD
Originally uploaded by More2view
For identifying the Colonial house! It was made in the 1965-70's by Hall's Lifetime toys in Chatanooga Tennessee.

In this picture the hostess, Mrs. Van den Huevel explains to the General how strict she is with her children. She told them to retire to the playroom and leave the General alone. Then she told General Washington how well behaved they are and how they always mind her. Just then the butler came in to announce dinner. General Washington was relieved.

2 comments:

Florine said...

C...checked my book after I got home and discovered this little house was first sold in 1965...so your grand old lady is even older than I thought! This information is in the International Dollhouses and Accessories book.

My Realitty said...

Thanks. I updated the post. C